WORKSHOPS FACILITATOR & COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS LEAD
Salary: Self-funded, voluntary role
Responds to: All4Women Centre Coordinator
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: Autumn 2021
All4Aid is a registered, Christian nonprofit organisation with a mandate to work with and in support of displaced people. Our vision is “displaced people attaining life in all its fullness” (John 10:10b). Although our central office is located in Frankfurt, Germany, currently, most of our work is based on the island of Lesvos, Greece, which hosts the largest refugee camp in Europe, where more than 6.000 refugees currently live.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Following our move to a new and larger facility near the Mavrovouni Camp on Lesvos, Greece, and some significant staff transitions, the Post-Holder will be supporting the running and operations of the new All4Women Community Centre on Lesvos, Greece.
Under the coordination of the All4Women Centre Coordinator, the Post-Holder will have a primary focus on conducting and facilitating social, educational and recreational activities and workshops focused on building relationships with the women who attend the centre, tailoring the activities to their needs while fostering their empowerment and personal development.
Being an excellent team player, role model and encourager, the The Post-Holder will also support the Centre’s Coordinator in supervising and monitoring the work of the Community Volunteers (local refugee women and girls who reside in the camp and volunteer at the All4Women Community Centre full time in various roles (e.g.: shower operators, laundry operators, shop attendants, seamstresses, translators, etc.).
For the successful performance of the role, the Post-Holder will bring some knowledge and experience in the non-profit and/or social sector and a good understanding of it being applied in missional and/or multicultural context, preferably among displaced people. The Post-Holder will also bring willingness to serve in all other areas of the centre as needed.
1. Workshop & Activities Facilitation (40%)
- Plan, conduct and organise regular activities and workshops for women, in alignment with All4Aid’s vision and values. These may include beauty services (hairstyling, manicure, pedicure), arts & crafts (woodworking, crochet, painting, sewing, etc.), discussion groups on topics of interest, language classes, as well as any other social, educational or recreational activities that promote their personal development;
- Plan, support and organise special activities and workshops for the women, in alignment with All4Aid’s vision and values. These may include self-defence workshops, feminine hygiene workshops, dental hygiene workshops and other special activities led by short-term volunteers who are professionals / experts in these areas;
- Organise the advertising and signing up processes for the activities and workshops provided at the centre, keeping track of attendance while helping the All4Women Centre Coordinator to measure impact and produce reports;
- Keep track, select and request materials and resources needed for the activities and workshops, giving input to the All4Women Centre Coordinator on the budget needs;
- Make sure all workshop and activities equipment are stored safely and correctly, that those using machines and equipment are adequately trained to do so, and that any regular maintenance and repair of equipment is conducted in a timely manner.
2. Community Volunteers Coordination Support (40%)
- Support the All4Women Centre Coordinator in ensuring direction, encouragement and supervision to community volunteers (local refugee women and girls) working at the All4Women Community Centre; collaborating on the creation of their job descriptions as well as in their hiring, repositioning, transition and dismissal processes.
3. General All4Women Community Centre Support (20%)
- Offer support in other areas of the All4Women Community Centre as needed, to make sure the Centre provides our refugee guests with the best possible services, hospitality and a loving environment where refugee women feel loved and welcome.
a) Studies in a relevant subject combined with at least six months of experience serving in a cross-cultural mission context;
b) Able to encourage and supervise others, helping them to identify, develop and utilise their gifts and abilities;
c) Able to plan, conduct and organise groups activities and workshops;
d) Passionate about holistic ministry among displaced people and/or those living in contexts of extreme poverty and vulnerability;
e) Culturally sensitive (adaptable, interested in and sensitive to other cultures, aware of cultural differences and similarities between people without assigning them values);
f) a committed Christian in sympathy with the ethos of All4Aid as a nonprofit organisation that, although being non-proselytising, is founded on the principles of the Christian Faith
g) Open minded and passionate to embrace a multicultural organisational culture;
h) Flexible, creative, with excellent attention to detail;
i) Fluent English speaker (advanced proficiency level);
j) Agreeable with the All4Aid’s vision, mission, values, code of conduct and policies;
k) Possessing initiative and ability to work independently;
l) Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented.
a) Experience working with displaced people or other people living in contexts of trauma, poverty and/or vulnerability;
b) Relevant experience working in cross cultural / multicultural contexts;
c) Three (3) years of commitment;
d) European driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the button below to apply. During the online application process you will be required to:
- Submit the application form, fully completed.
- Write a Personal Statement outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- Attach a resumé / CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a career history.
- Give us the contact to two personal references.
If you would like to discuss this role on the phone before applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.