OPEN POSITION: SUPPORT WORKER (FEMALE)
Position: Support Worker
Salary: Self-funded, voluntary role
Responds to: All4Women Coordinator
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: Flexible
All4Aid is a Christian nonprofit organisation working with and in support of refugees. Currently, most of our work is based on Lesvos, Greece. There, we have an exciting opportunity for a Female Support Worker to serve as part of our team at All4Women Community Centre, supporting the delivery of services that promote health and hygiene (e.g.: showers and laundry), as well as activities that foster the educational, personal and social development of women.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Post-Holder will be supplying our need for support in the running and operations of the All4Women Community Centre. The Post-Holder will help with the coordination and development of the core services we offer (laundry, showers and distribution of feminine hygiene items and other non-food items), as well as with the planning and organisation of workshop sessions, arts & crafts sessions and provision of hospitality to our guests. The Post-Holder will also be helping to provide encouragement and guidance to short-term volunteers and community volunteers (local refugee women and girls who serve with us at the All4Women Centre as translators, shower operators, laundry operators, shop attendants, etc.) towards the smooth operations of the centre.
- Make sure we provide our refugee guests with the best possible hospitality and a loving environment (tea, conversation, etc.) helping the refugee women and girls to feel loved and welcome.
- Organise and encourage supplemental workshops and activities, such as: beauty services (hairstyling, manicure, pedicure), arts & crafts, crochet, painting, dancing, etc..
- Offer supervision, direction and encouragement to short-term volunteers.
- Support the All4Women Coordinator in overseeing the work of the hospitality Area, laundry area and shower area, in cooperation with other volunteers.
- Help to provide supervision, direction and encouragement to community volunteers.
- Help to select and request materials and resources needed for the services provided and give input to the All4Women Coordinator on the budget needs.
General Support at the Centre:
- Be willing to serve in any other areas of the centre as needed and requested by the All4Women Coordinator: e.g., Hospitality Area, Shower Area, Laundry Area, Child Care Area; Welcome / Appointments Area, Children’s Activities Area and Shop (Distribution Area).
a) Able to encourage and support short-term volunteers.
b) Culturally sensitive (aware of cultural differences and similarities between people without assigning them values).
c) Open minded, demonstrating a willingness to embrace a multicultural programme culture.
d) Flexible, creative, with excellent attention to detail.
e) Agreeable with the All4Aid’s vision, mission and values.
f) Possessing initiative and ability to work independently.
g) Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented.
a) Relevant cross cultural / multicultural experience (open-minded, adaptable, interested in and sensitive to other cultures and backgrounds).
b) Experience with working with refugees and/or disadvantaged people.
c) Fluent English speaker (advanced proficiency level).
d) Educated up to a degree level on a course of study relevant to the position.
e) European driver’s license.
f) One year commitment (minimum three months).
If you are interested in this position, please click on the button below to apply. During the online application process you will be required to:
- Submit the application form, fully completed.
- Write a Personal Statement outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- Attach a resumé / CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a career history.
- Give us the contact to two personal references.
If you would like to discuss this role on the phone before applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.