OPEN POSITION: SUPPORT WORKER (FEMALE)
Position: Support Worker
Salary: Self-funded, voluntary role
Responds to: All4Women Project Coordinator
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: Flexible
All4Aid is a Christian nonprofit organisation working with and in support of refugees. Currently, most of our work is based at Moria Camp, Lesvos, Greece, the largest refugee camp in Europe. We have an exciting opportunity for a Female Support Worker to serve as part of our team at All4Women Community Centre, supporting the delivery of services that promote health and hygiene (e.g.: showers and laundry), as well as activities that foster the educational, personal and social development of refugee women.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Post-Holder will be supplying our need for support in the running and operations of All4Women Community Centre. The Post-Holder will support All4Aid in the implementation of processes and strategies to coordinate and develop services for children and women at the All4Women Centre such as: laundry, showers, distribution of non-food items, hospitality, arts & crafts, etc. The Post-Holder will also help with the planning of sessions and the mutual encouragement and support of co-volunteers serving with the same focus.
- Make sure we provide our refugee guests with the best possible hospitality and a loving environment (tea, conversation, etc.) helping the refugee women to feel welcome;
- Organise and encourage supplemental activities such as, beauty services (hairstyling, manicure, pedicure), arts & crafts, crochet, arts, etc;
- Offer direction, encouragement and supervision to short-term volunteers serving at the Centre;
- Support the All4Women Community Centre Coordinator in overseeing the work of the hospitality Area, laundry area and shower area, in cooperation with other volunteers;
- Help to provide supervision to a team of refugee volunteers;
- Help to select and request materials and resources needed for the services provided and give input to the All4Women Community Centre Coordinator on the budget needs.
General Support at the Centre:
- Be willing to serve in any other areas of the centre as needed and requested by the All4Women Community Centre Coordinator: e.g., Hospitality Area, Shower Area, Laundry Area, Child Care Area; Welcome / Appointments Area, Children’s Activities Area and Distribution Area.
a) able to encourage and support short-term volunteers serving with the Women;
b) Culturally sensitive (aware of cultural differences and similarities between people without assigning them values)
c) Open minded, demonstrating a willingness to embrace a multicultural school culture
d) Flexible, creative, with excellent attention to detail
e) Fluent English speaker (advanced proficiency level)
f) Agreeable with the All4Aid’s vision, mission, values, code of conduct
g) Possessing initiative and ability to work independently
h) Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented
a) relevant cross cultural / multicultural experience (open-minded, adaptable, interested in and sensitive to other cultures and backgrounds);
b) experience with working with refugees and/or disadvantaged children;
c) educated up to a degree level on a course of study relevant to the position;
d) European driver’s license;
e) one year commitment (minimum three months);
If you are interested in this position, please click on the button below to apply. During the online application process you will be required to:
- Submit the application form, fully completed
- Write a Personal Statement outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role
- Attach a resumé / CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a career history
- Give us the contact to two personal references
If you would like to discuss this role with our All4Aid Director and/or All4Women Centre Coordinator before applying, please email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.