OPEN POSITION: ALL4WOMEN SUPPORT WORKER (FEMALE)
Position: All4Women Support Worker
Salary: Volunteer / Support-Based / Self-funded Role (support raising training and guidance provided)
Responds to: All4Women Programme Coordinator
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: Flexible
INTRODUCTION TO ALL4AID
All4Aid is a Christian nonprofit organisation headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, which has a mandate to work with and in support of displaced people in transit contexts. Our vision is “displaced people attaining life in all its fullness” (John 10:10b). Our work is currently spread across various locations: a) the island of Lesvos, Greece, which has hosted the largest refugee camp in Europe for several years; b) Larnaca, Cyprus, the country with the largest per capita population of asylum seekers in Europe, and c) Bucharest, Romania, a country which has experienced one of the largest most recent influx of refugees caused by the war on Ukraine. Plans are on the way to expand our programme to Adana, Turkey (not far from the border with Syria), as well as to the South of Spain.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Post-Holder will be supplying our need for support in the running and operations of the All4Aid Community Centre on Lesvos, Greece. The Post-Holder will help with the coordination and development of the core services we offer (laundry, showers and distribution of feminine hygiene items and other non-food items), as well as with the planning and organisation of workshops, arts & crafts sessions and provision of hospitality to our guests. The Post-Holder will also help provide encouragement and guidance to short-term volunteers and community volunteers (local refugee women) who serve at the All4Women Programme in various roles (e.g.: cleaners, shower operators, laundry operators, shop attendants, seamstresses, translators, etc.).
- Make sure we provide our refugee guests with the best possible hospitality and a loving environment (tea, conversation, etc.) helping the refugee women and girls to feel loved and welcome.
- Organise and encourage supplemental workshops and activities, such as: beauty services (hairstyling, manicure, pedicure), arts & crafts, crochet, painting, dancing, etc.
- Offer supervision, direction and encouragement to short-term volunteers.
- Support the All4Women Programme Coordinator in overseeing the work of the Hospitality Area, Laundry Room and Shower Room, in cooperation with other volunteers.
- Help to provide supervision, direction and encouragement to community volunteers.
- Help to select and request materials and resources needed for the services provided and give input to the All4Women Programme Coordinator on the budget needs.
General Support at the Centre:
- Be willing to serve in any areas of the Centre as needed and requested: e.g., Hospitality Area, Shower Area, Laundry Area, Child Care Area; Welcome / Appointments Area, Children’s Activities Area, Shop (clothing distribution) and FoodBank.
a) Able to encourage and support short-term volunteers.
b) Culturally sensitive (aware of cultural differences and similarities between people without assigning them values).
c) Open minded, demonstrating a willingness to embrace a multicultural programme culture.
d) Flexible, creative, with excellent attention to detail.
e) Agreeable with the All4Aid’s vision, mission and values.
f) Possessing initiative and ability to work independently.
g) Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented.
a) Relevant cross cultural / multicultural experience (open-minded, adaptable, interested in and sensitive to other cultures and backgrounds).
b) Experience with working with refugees and/or disadvantaged people.
c) Fluent English speaker (advanced proficiency level).
d) Educated up to a degree level on a course of study relevant to the position.
e) European driver’s license.
f) One year commitment.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the button below to apply. During the online application process you will be required to:
- Submit the application form, fully completed.
- Write a Personal Statement outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- Attach a resumé / CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a career history.
- Give us the contact to two personal references.
OPEN POSITIONS APPLICATION FORM
If you would like to discuss this role on the phone before applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.