OPEN POSITION: All4WOMEN PROGRAMME COORDINATOR (FEMALE)
Position: All4Women Programme Coordinator.
Location: Lesvos, Greece.
Salary: Volunteer / Support-Based / Self-funded Role (support raising training and guidance provided).
Responds to: the Head of Operations on Lesvos.
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
All4Aid is a Christian nonprofit organisation headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, which has a mandate to work with and in support of displaced people in transit contexts. Our vision is “displaced people attaining life in all its fullness” (John 10:10b). Our work is currently spread across various locations: a) the island of Lesvos, Greece, which has hosted the largest refugee camp in Europe for several years; b) Larnaca, Cyprus, the country with the largest per capita population of asylum seekers in Europe, and c) Bucharest, Romania, a country which has experienced one of the largest most recent influx of refugees caused by the war on Ukraine. Plans are on the way to expand our programme to Adana, Turkey (not far from the border with Syria), as well as to Southern Spain.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Post-Holder will be in charge of coordinating the running and operations of the All4Women Programme in our Centre on Lesvos, and will also be guiding the implementation of process and strategies to expand and optimise the Centre’s operations, while maximising the impact of the services provided.
The Post-Holder’s responsibilities include the oversight of the provision of laundry services and shower services, but also the establishment of safety and emergency procedures, as well as the effective and efficient distribution of donations of non-food items (NFIs) for women and girls in a dignified manner – especially personal hygiene items and underwear. A primary focus of the Post-Holder will also be the development of a programme focused on relationship building with the refugee women via activities and workshops specially tailored to their needs.
Possessing strong leadership skills and being an excellent team player, delegator and encourager, the Post-Holder will also ensure the effective supervision and monitoring of ca. 10 personnel, directly or by delegation; among them, international long-term volunteers, short-term volunteers, locally hired Greek personnel and community volunteers (local refugee women) who serve at the All4Women Programme in various roles (e.g.: cleaners, shower operators, laundry operators, shop attendants, seamstresses, translators, etc.).
For the successful performance of the role, the Post-Holder will also bring knowledge and experience in the non-profit and/or social sector and a good understanding of it being applied in high stress and multicultural context, especially among displaced people.
1. Programme Direct Support: All4Women PROGRAMME Coordination (100%)
- Ensure direction, encouragement and supervision to staff, long-term volunteers, short-term volunteers and community volunteers (local refugees) working at the All4Women Programme; collaborating on the creation of job descriptions as well as in the hiring processes, repositioning, transition and dismissal of personnel;
- Help to design and implement processes and strategies to develop and optimise laundry services, showers services, NFIs distribution and general operations of the All4Women Programme;
- Provide guidance and encouragement to personnel in the planning and execution of activities and workshops for the refugee women, in alignment with All4Aid’s vision and values. These may include beauty services (hairstyling, manicure, pedicure), arts & crafts (crochet, painting, etc.), as well as discussion groups on topics of interest;
- Coordinate the design and promotion of special distribution initiatives as needs and opportunities arise (e.g.: Christmas gifts, winter jackets, etc.)
- Make sure goods and items for donation are stored in a safe and orderly manner (this may include the creation and maintenance of inventory control systems) and that all machines and equipment are properly used and maintained.
- Select and request materials and resources needed for the services provided, giving input to the Head of Operations on Lesvos on the budget needs.
- Make sure the programme provides our refugee guests with the best possible hospitality and a loving environment (tea, conversation, etc.) helping the refugee women to feel loved and welcome;
- Help develop ways to measure impact and support the development of reports.
Essential characteristics and experience:
a) An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject combined with two years of experience serving in holistic ministry among displaced people and/or other people living in contexts of trauma, poverty and/or vulnerability;
b) Able to motivate and equip staff and volunteers to reach their full potential by helping them to identify, develop and utilise their gifts and abilities;
c) Working knowledge of Google WorkSpace, as well as knowledge of the best practices in programme design, monitoring and evaluation;
d) Passionate about holistic ministry among displaced people and/or those living in contexts of extreme poverty and vulnerability;
e) Culturally sensitive (adaptable, interested in and sensitive to other cultures, aware of cultural differences and similarities between people without assigning them values);
f) a committed Christian in sympathy with the ethos of All4Aid as a nonprofit organisation based on the principles of the Christian Faith;
g) Open minded and passionate to embrace a multicultural organisational culture;
h) Flexible, creative, with excellent attention to detail;
i) Fluent English speaker (C1 advanced proficiency level);
j) Agreeable with the All4Aid’s vision, mission, values, code of conduct and policies;
k) Possessing initiative and ability to work independently;
l) Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented;
Desirable characteristics and experience:
a) Experience working in the coordination of projects and/or the coordination of teams in a nonprofit organisation or mission organisation;
b) Relevant experience working in cross cultural / multicultural contexts;
c) Three (3) years of commitment;
d) European driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the button below to apply. During the online application process you will be required to:
- Submit the application form, fully completed.
- Write a Personal Statement outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- Attach a resumé / CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a career history.
- Give us the contact to two personal references.
If you would like to discuss this role on the phone before applying, please email us at email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.