OPEN POSITION: ALL4KIDS COORDINATOR (LESVOS)
Position: All4Kids Coordinator
Salary: Self-funded, voluntary role
Responds to: Head of Operations on Lesvos
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date(s): Flexible (Spring 2021 desired).
All4Aid is a Christian nonprofit organisation working with and in support of refugees. Currently, most of our work is based on Lesvos, Greece. There, through our All4Kids Learning Centre, we offer a trauma-informed, high quality, non-formal educational programme for refugee boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 12. The children attend classes from Monday to Friday and learn English, Maths, Arts and Physical Education. Teaching takes place in a comfortable and well equipped setting (purpose built classrooms). Classes are offered free of charge and the children are provided with text books, student’s stationary, uniform and snack meals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an All4Kids Coordinator to join our team on Lesvos and lead our All4Kids programme.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Following our move to a new and larger space on Lesvos and some significant staff transitions, the Post-Holder will be in charge of coordinating and developing the work of the All4Kids Learning Centre on Lesvos, as we look at implementing processes and defining strategies to re-structure and expand the offer of activities that foster the educational, personal and social development of the children.
Possessing strong leadership skills and being an excellent team player, the Post-Holder will be required to organise the training of teachers and the supervision of all staff and volunteers serving within the All4Kids Learning Centre on Lesvos, Greece. The selection of curriculum and choice of teaching approaches, as well as the overall management of the educational programme are also within the Post-Holder’s scope of responsibility.
- Ensure direction, encouragement and supervision to staff, long-term volunteers, short-term volunteers and community volunteers (local refugees) working at the All4Kids Centre.
- Provide guidance to teachers in lesson planning and generally in teaching through a trauma sensitive approach.
- Lead the process of selecting curriculum and teaching materials and defining teaching strategies and approaches.
- Select and request materials and resources needed for the activities at the Centre, giving input to the Head of Operations on Lesvos on the budget needs.
- Lead the development of processes and strategies to promote the progress and well being of the students and to foster the programme’s philosophy of education.
- Coordinate the offer of Health & Hygiene Workshops, Child Safeguarding workshops and other workshops to staff, volunteers and/or parents as needed.
a) A teaching degree/qualification and experience working in a coordination role in an educational setting.
b) Experience with working with refugee children (and/or disadvantaged children) through a trauma sensitive approach.
c) Able to motivate and equip volunteers to reach their full potential by identifying, developing and using their gifts and abilities.
d) Relevant cross cultural / multicultural experience (open-minded, adaptable, interested in and sensitive to other cultures and backgrounds).
e) Open minded, demonstrating a willingness to embrace a multicultural programme culture.
f) Flexible, creative, with excellent attention to detail.
g) Fluent English speaker (advanced proficiency level).
h) Agreeable with the All4Aid’s vision, mission, values, code of conduct.
i) Possessing initiative and ability to work independently.
j) Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented.
a) European driver’s license.
b) Minimum two years commitment.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the button below to apply. During the online application process you will be required to:
- Submit the application form, fully completed.
- Write a Personal Statement outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- Attach a resumé / CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a career history.
- Give us the contact to two personal references.
If you would like to discuss this role on the phone before applying, please email our Managing Director at email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.